MyMelissa's Crafting Adventures

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Altered Tin Picture Frame

Originally posted on November 10, 2008
Stamped images © of Stampin' UP!
NOTE:  The tinfoil background makes it hard to get a good photograph of them.
Viewing them in person allows you to view the beautiful details of the stamped image.

Centering the image... Before disassembling, I used a dry erase marker to trace just inside the opening where my image would be stamped. It comes off in a flash!

Behind the glass...

I place a piece of that pre-cut tin foil that has these little raised dots (looks like some one Cuttlebugged it with the Swiss Dots Folder). 

On the front of the glass I stamped the main image and let it dry.  I sponge daubed around the main image to the outer sides of the glass with White Staz-On. I then smooshed the glass in to some UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) and heat set it and then let it cool down. I used Versa Mark all over the front of the cooled image, smooshed it into the UTEE again and heat set it. As soon as the glass cooled, I assembled it and called it done! It is not completely smooth, I wanted that old time look where the glass wasn't so uniform and perfect.
Total time was probably about 15 minutes of work, not including the cool down times.

Simple, fun, easy, and oh so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment